2011年3月17日星期四

Roger Goodell On Adrian Peterson's 'Slavery' Comments


The NFL and NFLPA did not reach an agreement on a new collective bargaining agreement last week and we've officially entered a lockout so plenty of NFL players have been expressing frustration at the situation.

One of those players was Adrian Peterson who compared his situation to "modern-day slavery" in an interview with Yahoo! Sports earlier this week. Peterson's words created a buzz around the league and I didn't think they'd sit well with the NFL considering the state of the league right now.

SB Nation interviewed Commissioner Roger Goodell and NFL lead negotiator Jeff Pash on Thursday and brought up Peterson's comments to get their reaction but both declined to get into specifics.

Pash: "I think you have to look at those comments in the context of what Ben Dogra said right afterwards. I think he put it in context. Adrian Peterson is an outstanding player and a great contributor to this league. It's a highly emotional situation right now so I don't think you can hold everyone necessarily to every word they say."

Goodell: "Adrian Peterson was at the draft a few years ago as one of the first drafts I was a commissioner. He's an outstanding man and I have nothing but respect for him. I'm a big fan of his both as an individual and a player. 

没有评论:

发表评论